Saturday, February 16, 2013

News story on sorority matching, quoting two Roths

Here's a news story from the Daily Pennsylvanian, that is notable for quoting two Roths, without any suggestion that they are related (Roth is a common name...:)

Sorority, medical residency recruitment similar: Applicants are matched with organizations through an algorithm for both

The back story, I gather, is that the student reporter first contacted Penn computer science professor Aaron Roth to comment on the use of an algorithm in matching applicants to sororities, and he mentioned to her that there was an economics paper on sorority matching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have assumed no relation, but the wording of your post makes me wonder if yu are indeed related to Aaron Roth.

I'm pretty sure your son who was selling his pokemon cards on ebay when I first studied under you can't possibly be that old yet!