To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
Date: June 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM
And here's the formal job description
|Job Title:||Director Enrollment & Planning Services|
|Salary:||$82,555.00 - $113,984.00 Annually|
|Location:||John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence, Washington|
|Required Attachments:||Cover letter and Resume|
|Supervise the work of the Enrollment Planning and Enrollment Services departments to ensure efficient operations in all aspects of student assignment, including both short- and long-term planning for enrollment projections, program placement, and facilities needs. Provide leadership and staff support to Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Capital, Facilities, and Enrollment in strategic work of the district, including development and implementation of the New Student Assignment Plan. Collaborate with multiple central office departments impacted by student enrollment.|
|1. Leads Transition Planning and implementation of the New Student Assignment Plan, including ongoing monitoring and development of recommended policy and operational changes to better support district strategic objectives. (30%)|
2. Collaborates with other central departments and schools regarding student enrollment policies and projections, the impact on program placement and facility needs, and capacity management. (25%)
3. Supports and contributes to VAX migration work; provides high level feedback to program and project managers about priorities for completing this crucial effort; priorities staff time for VAX migration work. (10%)
4. Develops clear written materials to be used for public information about student enrollment (website, mailings, FAQ's,contact center,BFC, other departments; and responds to complex questions from schools, families, and central office departments. (10%)
5. Supports district stakeholder engagement through extensive public speaking and maintaining positive relationships with community groups such as PTSA, CPPS, critical friends, etc. (10%)
6. Supervises and evaluates the work of Enrollment Planning and Enrollment Services department staff. (5%)
7. Supports district efforts to eliminate the achievement gap through a persistent focus on ensuring that enrollment processes do not contribute to lost instructional time; leads and supports efforts to improve customer service, efficiencies, and cost effectiveness through streamlining of processes. (5%)
8. Ensures compliance with relevant state and federal requirements such as NCLB; supports work of other departments in meeting their compliance obligations (special education, ELL, Indian Education, OCR complaince audits, etc.); participates in OSPI hearings on behalf of district. (5%)
Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of this position.
|Education: Master's degree in planning, policy analysis, educational leadership, or related field.|
Preferred Education: PhD in planning, policy analysis, educational leadership, or related field.
Experience: 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in related field(s), including K-12 public school experience, experience in at least one other related planning field, and supervisory experience.
Preferred Experience: Experience in project management desirable.
Clearances: Criminal Justice Fingerprint, Background Clearance