Friday, June 29, 2018

Marketplaces, Markets, and Market Design (my Presidential address in the July AER)

Here is the paper that grew out of my Presidential address as I stepped down from the AEA presidency in January. It attempts to summarize my current views on market design.

Marketplaces, Markets, and Market Design




Download Full Text PDF 
(Complimentary)




****************
Here's the video of my delivery of a preliminary version of this longish paper as a (relatively) short (1 hour*) talk at the AEA meetings in January, 2018:
AEA Presidential Address - Marketplaces, Markets and Market Design
Alvin E. Roth, introduced by Olivier Blanchard
View Webcast
***************

*the video has adjustable speed. If you listen to it at 1x, you hear it as I presented it.  If you listen to it at .5x, you hear me as my students probably do, droning slowly on. If you listen to it at 1.6 or 2x, you might not be able to hear individual words, but you can enjoy the body language...

No comments: