Monday, May 28, 2018

Protecting and Preserving Competition in Matching Markets--Antitrust and the Medical Match (video)

Here's a video of the talk I gave in Chicago in April, at an antitrust conference at the Stigler Center.  I used as my main example the anti-trust lawsuit that was brought in 2002 against the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) (and all the hospitals that participated in it). I end with some more general discussion of computerized marketplaces. (My talk goes for a bit less than an hour, and the video continues for another ten or fifteen minutes of Q&A)




I intended to begin the talk with a video satire of the medical match, but wasn't able to show it due to technical problems, so I just spoke about it. But here it is for those of you who missed the Harry Potter version of the medical match:

Harry Potter and the Resident Match | ZDoggMD.com

No comments: